Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BEWARE: THE ANTI-WIFE

Prov 7
21 So she seduced him with her pretty speech
      and enticed him with her flattery.
22 He followed her at once,
      like an ox going to the slaughter.
   He was like a stag caught in a trap,
23    awaiting the arrow that would pierce its heart.
   He was like a bird flying into a snare,
      little knowing it would cost him his life.

We've all come in contact with her. She's an old college friend. An ex high school sweetheart. A coworker. She's who you check your facebook and twitter for three or four times in the hour to see if she responded to your witty posts. She's the one you share inside jokes with in private IM's, or during shared lunch breaks. She gets all your jokes. She understands you. She speaks the "guy language". She's "not like other women." You think about her when you're away from her, and wonder what it'd be like if you two got together. You begin to conjure up scenarios where it could possibly happen. A business trip. A class reunion. A "working" dinner after hours. You know who she is. She's just a friend. No, she's not. She's the Anti-Wife. I've come to a recent realization. And by recent, I mean last night. My wife and I argue. Every couple does they say. When we argue there's usually a period of silence that follows where she's not talking to me or vice-versa. It was during these times, that I would always find myself entertaining my Anti-wife.

Similar to the Anti-Christ, the Anti-wife is just that because of her ability to seemingly be all things to all men. She sneaks in when your wife is pregnant and doesn't feel attractive, and reminds you how sexy she is. She waltzes with easy conversation and laughs during turbulent married times when all it seem you do is fight with your wife. She says all the right things. Wears all the right things. Always agrees with you, and EVEN gives you advice about your wife. She seems to have the careful balance of knowing about women AND men. She knows what you want and can express in better terms than you. She makes you feel like a man. Like you matter. Like a king. And she makes you wonder why your wife isn't more like her. She makes you wonder why you didn't meet her first.  She makes you wonder and feel that if "anything ever happened" between you and your wife, that she'd be the first person you call. It's a match made in heaven. So it seems.

You see, I know the anti-wife very well. She was my high school sweetheart. The first sexual relationship I ever had. Willing to do anything and everything. The relationship that never got closure we just went separate ways. Until social networking made the world a lot smaller. Years passed made it difficult for me to remember how much spiritual turmoil she caused me. Why i ran in the first place. How I lost my virginity and regretted it since. How she thought she was pregnant. I told my parents. She never mentioned it to hers. How she ruined EVERY relationship I've ever been in by her willingness to be available at anytime. Any place. How I'd almost been killed by jealous boyfriends over her. And my weakness to realize what i finally came to the conclusion of last night. She has been assigned to me. She's my anti-wife.

You see, Proverbs 5, 6, and 7 lay out real clear who the anti-wife is. Honey dripping lips. Talk as smooth as oil. Beautiful. Seductive. It also describes her as brash. Rebellious. Sly of heart. Her victims? Naive young men who lack common sense(Proverbs 7:7). Me. I had been so naive, and since recovering from my last traipse with this vixen, I've found myself being enticed by the nostalgia of our encounters again. Ironically (not) I'm in the midst of a hard time with my wife, due to these same trysts. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! I woke up this morning with a fervency and anger after having dreamed about her and being consumed with thoughts of her. I was angry at myself. At how she was making my wife look second rate. When I knew that was NOT the case. At how I was wondering subconsciously if I still had feelings for her when i KNOW i do not. How she had never really been THAT bad and just needed a good man to show her how a woman should be treated. WHAT!?!?!

NO! This woman is not my wife! She is a fake! A fraud! Her prime goal is to seduce, bamboozle, swindle, and lure me away from my prized possession! She is the deceiver. The tempter! The lion seeking whom she may devour. She is the lawless one. The ADVERSARY! THE ENEMY! THE MOTHER AND PRODUCER OF LIES! RUN FROM HER! I got up and prayed with fervency at the revelation that she was not an old friend, she was assigned to me to take me out! To reduce my will, lure me off the path of righteousness and into her doorway that leads to death! This is serious business.

Proverbs 31 describes in great detail the virtue of a WIFE. A true wife. He who findeth one finds a good thing and OBTAINS favor of the Lord. It is also a STARK contrast compared to proverbs 5,6,and 7. The anti-wife promises pleasure but only brings pain! She promises comfort, adoration, admiration, and affirmation! SHE BRINGS RUIN! TORMENT! Her root is lust. Her goal is deceit and ultimately death. SHUT HER OFF! Cut her down! Flee from her!

Brothers understand that our marriages are constantly under attack and any relationship with a woman outside of your wife can develop into a detriment to your holy united entity. Don't let it happen to you. Keep your marriage protected and safe. Don't let the enemy creep in between you. He wants to isolate you from your wife so that you begin to look elsewhere. The anti-wife will look, sound, and even feel like the real thing but she is poison! BEWARE!

PROVERBS 31
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
      but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
 31 Reward her for all she has done.
      Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.

No comments: